“There are enough variations on the Jungle Bird,” says The Rockwell Place’s Alex Kveton. Like The Spaghetti Incident? album of covers by Kveton’s favorite band, Guns N’ Roses, this riff felt a little unnecessary, but still enjoyable. “This Jungle Bird doesn’t need to happen, but at least it’s going to go down much easier than the album.”
- 1 1/2 ounces rum, preferably El Dorado 8 rum
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce stout syrup (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: lime wheel, pineapple fronds
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a double Old-Fashioned glass.
- Garnish with a lime wheel with two pineapple fronds sticking through to rest on the rim of the glass.
Combine 2 cups light stout (preferably Gun Hill Void) and 2 cups Demerara sugar in a saucepan on the stove over low heat, taking care not to cook the beer. Whisk constantly until sugar dissolves, about 7 minutes.