In Lorain, Ohio, just outside of Cleveland, Speak of the Devil bolsters the classic components of the French Martini with lemon juice for extra acidity and simple syrup for balance. The drink belongs to a crop of newfangled French Martinis comprising the second coming of the ’tini.
Speak of the Devil’s French Martini
Jack Maple | Lorain, Ohio
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka, preferably Watershed
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur, preferably Giffard
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.