Coming in third place at a recent blind spritz tasting was Chantal Tseng of D.C.’s Petworth Citizen and Reading Room. Her recipe calls for Cappelletti Aperitivo Americano, a popular option with bartenders in place of Campari or Aperol; two ounces of Perrier; and three ounces of rosé Champagne.
- 1 ounce Cappelletti Aperitivo Americano
- 2 ounces sparkling water, preferably Perrier
- 3 ounces NV rosé Champagne
Garnish: half a blood orange slice
- Combine all ingredients except rosé Champagne in a wine glass over ice.
- Stir to integrate.
- Top with rosé Champagne.
- Garnish with half a blood orange slice.