Chip Tyndale’s St. Johns Cooler started out as a low-ABV cocktail with the subtler flavors of vermouth and Aperol complementing Fever-Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Ale. But when something was missing the addition of Appleton Estate VX Rum added the extra kick the drink needed to amplify the overall orange flavor of the drink.
St. Johns Cooler
Chip Tyndale, Dutch Kills, Subject and My Friend Duke | New York, NY
- 1 ounce Jamaican rum, preferably Appleton Estate VX
- 1 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1 ounce Aperol
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- Fever-Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Ale, to top
Garnish: half an orange wheel
- Combine all the ingredients except the ginger ale and garnish in a mixing tin filled with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with chilled Fever-Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Ale.
- Garnish with half an orange wheel.