Combining butterfly pea flower syrup and tonic water creates the blush-pink hue for this aperitivo, inspired by the bold strokes of Vincent Van Gogh’s famed Starry Night painting.
- 2 ounces ITALICUS Rosolio di Bergamotto liqueur
- 1 ounce jicama juice
- 1/4 ounce butterfly pea flower syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 5 dashes rhubarb bitters
- 4 ounces Fever-Tree Indian tonic water
Garnish: purple orchid, orange blossom water
- Shake first four ingredients with ice.
- Double-strain into a Bordeaux wine glass over Kold-Draft ice cubes.
- Top up with tonic water.
- Garnish with a purple orchid spritzed with orange blossom water.
Butterfly Pea Flower Syrup
Combine equal parts brewed butterfly pea flower tea and sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.