This unorthodox equal-parts Daiquiri variation includes sweet vermouth, with gin standing in for rum. “I’m doing a stirred version of a [traditionally] shaken drink,” Briggs Brown explains. Lime cordial and the subtle coconut notes in the vermouth help retain a “bright, zippy” vibe.
- 1 ounce Lo-Fi Sweet Vermouth
- 1 ounce navy-strength Plymouth gin
- 1 ounce lime cordial (see Editor’s Note)
Garnish: lime twist
- Stir all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a coupe or Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with lime twist.
To make lime cordial, blend equal parts lime juice and sugar.