Asked which cocktail he’d choose to porron, Matthew Belanger chose a “crushable” Daiquiri, made with the addition of muddled strawberries. But this pink-hued drink, with its split rum base, is just as refreshing and summer-ready served up.
- 1 ounce white rum, such as El Dorado 3 Year, Caña Brava or Plantation 3 Stars
- 1 ounce Wray & Nephew White Overproof Jamaican Rum
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 1 strawberry
- In the base of a mixing tin, muddle together the strawberry and simple syrup.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Fine strain into a coupe.