“One of my favorite uses for génépy is as a sweetener for heavy cream,” says Troy Sidle, former bartender at New York’s Pouring Ribbons. In this riff on the classic Irish coffee, Sidle contrasts the herbaceous aromatics of génépy cream with warming, rum-spiked coffee.
Troy Sidle | New York
- 8 ounces freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1 1/2 ounces rum, preferably El Dorado 12-year-old
- 1/2 ounce demerara syrup
- génépy cream, to top (See Editor's Note)
Garnish: orange peel, to express
- Combine coffee, rum and syrup in a clear coffee mug.
- Top with the génépy cream. Express orange peel over top.
Génépy Cream:1 ounce génépy, preferably Dolin Génépy des Alpes
3 ounces cold heavy cream
1 pinch salt Shake ingredients with a small amount of ice.