“I tend to get a lot of pear notes off tequila,” says Jeremy Oertel, bar manager of Donna in Brooklyn, who pairs St. George Spiced Pear Liqueur with two tequilas, lime and orgeat in this Mai Tai variation.
Summer of George
Jeremy Oertel, Donna | Brooklyn, NY
- 3/4 ounce reposado tequila
- 3/4 ounce blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounce spiced pear liqueur, St. George
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1/2 ounce orgeat
- 1/4 ounce honey
Garnish: slice of pear
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into cocktail glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with a slice of pear.