In this complex sour, Death & Co.’s Shannon Tebay builds on the Cognac base with cherry eau de vie, orgeat and small doses of elderflower liqueur and amaro. The result is a frothy, rich, layered cocktail ideal for the colder months.
- 1 1/4 ounces Cognac, preferably Paul Beau VS
- 3/4 ounce cherry brandy, preferably Clear Creek
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce orgeat
- 1 teaspoon elderflower liqueur, preferably Giffard
- 1/2 teaspoon Luxardo Amaro Abano
- 1 egg white
Garnish: grapefruit twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Express the grapefruit twist and discard.