This playful drink gets a double dose of Scotch: The two main components are Scotch and Drambuie, a honey- and spice-flavored liqueur made with a Scotch whisky base. Pour whatever whisky is on hand for this versatile cocktail, since either a smooth blended Scotch or a peat-forward version works beautifully.
Super Drunk Uncle
Johnny Swet, Grand Republic Cocktail Club, Brooklyn, NY
- 1 ounce Scotch whisky, preferably The Macallan 12
- 1 ounce Drambuie
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce Combier Elixir orange liqueur
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- IPA, to top
Garnish: lemon wedge
- Combine the first five ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into Collins glass over cubed ice.
- Top with IPA.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.