In his Suppressor #4, Paul Calvert opts for a triple-threat of Cocchi Americano, cognac and vermouth, rounded out by pineau des Charentes—the unheralded (but delicious) aperitif wine from the Cognac region.
Paul Calvert Ticonderoga Club | Atlanta
- 1 ounce vermouth, preferably Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
- 1 ounce pineau de Charentes, preferably Prunier
- 1/2 ounce port, preferably Sandeman’s Ruby
- 1/2 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 1 bar spoon lemon juice
Garnish: lemon peel
- Stir and strain into a coupe.
- Express and discard lemon peel over the top of the drink.