A classic Tom Collins takes a trip to the tropics with this juicy highball. Ginger beer, with its natural affinity for tropical fruit and Jamaican rum, gives the final drink a spicy twist. “A nice hack for this drink is to prime the glass with the ginger beer [and] pour the shaken drink over … instead of topping off,” says Devin Kennedy. “The carbonation will incorporate all the ingredients naturally.”
Swim Up Bar
Devin Kennedy | Los Angeles
- 2 ounces Ten To One Caribbean White Rum
- 1 ounce mango nectar (preferably Jumex or Goya)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces ginger beer
Garnish: candied ginger, fresh mint sprig
- Combine all ingredients except the ginger beer in a mixing tin and lightly shake with ice.
- Pour the ginger beer into a tall Collins glass over ice.
- Strain the contents of the shaker over the ginger beer.
- Garnish with a piece of candied ginger and a fresh mint sprig.