Gin, génépy and lemon juice come together under a float of absinthe for a drink that bartender Toby Maloney describes as being “as cool and sophisticated as a Swiss diplomat at a party of spies.”
Zac Sorensen | Chicago
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, preferably Letherbee
- 1/2 ounce génépy, preferably Dolin
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 dash Peychaud’s bitters
- absinthe, to float
Garnish: mint sprig
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.