This rum drink was created for a “Yacht Rock Sundays” blog event. A small amount of maraschino liqueur helps accent the caramel of the rum and the nuttiness of the Madeira. Yarm recommends a dry Madeira style for this drink, such as verdelho or sercial (as used here), a particularly dry style.
- 1 ounce aged rum, preferably Angostura 5 year
- 3/4 ounce sercial Madeira, preferably Blandy's 5 year
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur, preferably Luxardo
- 3 mint leaves
Garnish: mint leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Garnish with mint leaf, floated on top.