“My challenge…was to create a refreshing crusher, that could go on the menu at Sportsman’s Club” explains Mony Bunni of the prompt given to her during the Heaven Hill Bartender of the Year regionals that lead to the creation of this spin on a buck. Built on a bourbon base, Take Your Time gets its spicy kick from Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, while mango syrup acts as the sweetener and Topo Chico provides a sparkling finish.
- 1 ounce bourbon, preferably Elijah Craig Small Batch
- 1 ounce ginger liqueur, preferably Domaine de Canton
- 3/4 ounce mango syrup (see Editor's Note)
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 dropper Bittermans Elemakule Tiki Bitters
- Topo Chico, to top
Garnish: mint sprig, Elemakule Tiki Bitters
- Combine all ingredients, except the Topo Chico, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a collins glass over ice.
- Garnish with mint sprig and Elemakule Tiki Bitters.
4 parts mango puree, preferably Kesar mango pulp or Perfect Purée
1 part granulated sugar
1 part water
Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool before using.