From this intimate basement bar comes general manager Lindze Letherman’s favorite toddy, which she created to “welcome the shift from the fall shoulder season to winter ski season.”
Lindze Letherman, Hooch Craft Cocktail Bar | Aspen, CO
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce calvados syrup (see Editor's Note)
- Hot water
Garnish: apple chips or lemon wheel
- Fill your favorite teacup with boiling water to warm it.
- Pour out water and add bourbon, lemon juice and calvados syrup to preheated cup.
- Top with fresh boiling water, and garnish with apple chips or lemon wheel.
1 cup calvados, preferably Busnel Calvados Pays d'Auge AOC VSOP
1 cup granulated sugar
One thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
1 cinnamon stick
2 apple slices, like Gala or Honeycrisp
Combine all ingredients except apples in small saucepan over medium heat to dissolve sugar. Add apples, and simmer until apples are soft. Remove fruit and dehydrate or bake for garnish. Strain syrup and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.