A rebel take on the Espresso Martini, this recipe from Team Lyan calls on Jack Daniel’s whiskey and cold brew coffee. Though it’s put through a nitrogen rig at Super Lyan, where it’s served on tap and settles like a pint of Guinness, this version is designed to be made at home using an iSi siphon.
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey, preferably Jack Daniel's Old No. 7
- 1 ounce sour cherry juice
- 1 3/4 ounce cold brew coffee
- 1 1/2 ounces maple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fake lime juice (see Editor's Note)
- 1/4 ounce Bittermen’s Boston Bittahs
- Mix all ingredients, chill and pour into an iSi syphon and charge with one cream charger.
- Pour into a chilled coupette.
Fake Lime Juice:
9 grams citric acid powder
6 grams malic acid powder
0.2 grams tartaric acid powder
50 grams phosphoric acid 1.25% solution (see below)
260 grams water
1 gram salt
Whisk the powders with the water to dissolve, then bottle and store in the refrigerator.
Phosphoric Acid Solution:
Combine 1.25 grams of food-grade phosphoric acid (75 percent solution) with 100 grams of water. Whisk to dissolve and bottle.