This rum and amaro-based cocktail by Chris Flannery-McCoy of Maison Premiere recalls the richness of an Old-Fashioned crossed with the anise undertones of a Sazerac. The full ounce of sweet Meletti amaro shines through the brown sugar rum base with notes of candied orange, caramel and saffron to pair with St. George absinthe’s minty, herbaceous bite.
- 1 ounce Meletti
- 1 ounce rum, aged (preferably Diplomatico)
- 1/2 ounce absinthe (preferably St. George)
- 5 dashes bitters, Bitter Truth Aromatic
Garnish: grapefruit twist
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a grapefruit twist.