Espresso martini variants abound, but a focus on Mexican flavors (tequila and mole bitters) is what makes h.wood group bar director Justin Campbell’s version stand out at the semi-private Santa Monica club, Mason. Campbell recommends using packaged cold brew coffee, but room-temperature brewed java can work as a swap-in, as well.
- 1 1/2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1:1)
- 1/2 ounce Averna
- 1 ounce cold brew coffee
- 1 egg white
- 1 dash mole bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake without ice.
- Add ice to the mixing tin and shake to combine a second time.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.