The Bennett is a seemingly simple variation on the Gimlet that leans on the all-important addition of Angostura bitters, along with a cinnamon-infused lime cordial that amplifies the spice.
Meaghan Dorman, The Bennett | Manhattan
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Ford's
- 1.5 ounces lime cordial (see Editor's Note)
- 2 dashes Agnostura bitters
Garnish: lime wheel
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a floating lime wheel.
16 ounces lime juice (fine-strained)
16 ounces sugar
zest of 4 limes
2 pieces cassia (cinnamon) bark
Combine all ingredients in a Ziploc bag. Place in an immersion circulator for two hours at 175 degrees Farenheit (or in a large pot of water on simmer). Place the bag in an ice bath on removal. Strain out the cinnamon bark, and bottle.