Kristina Magro, of Lone Wolf Tavern in Chicago, typically gravitates toward tequila, so when she set out to make a cocktail that evokes the switch from early to late fall—its brisk air and changing leaves—she paired an aged tequila with the spicy flavors of Becherovka and honey syrup spiked with cinnamon and nutmeg, along with L’Aperitivo Nonino.
The Chill of the Night
Kristina Magro | Lone Wolf Tavern, Chicago
- 1 ounce El Tesoro Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce L’Aperitivo Nonino Botanical Drink
- 1/2 ounce Becherovka liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce ounce spiced honey syrup (2:1 ratio of sunflower honey to water, spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg)
- 1 dash 18.21 Prohibition Aromatic Bitters
Garnish: marigold and grated cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a mixing glass over ice, and stir until chilled.
- Strain over a large ice cube into a double Old-Fashioned glass. Garnish with a marigold and grated cinnamon.