The Cuj serves as the name of this bright, bittersweet take on a frozen Margarita as well as a nickname of the bar itself, Maracuja. Co-owner Erik Blambeck (he and his business partner, musician Kelly Winrich, took over the bar from its previous owners in March 2020) asked his friend Jon Mullen, a bartender and proprietor of the drink-delivery service Quarantine Cocktail Club, to do a take-over one night to show off his drinks and asked him to whip up a featured drink on the fly to throw into the frozen-drink machine and this passion fruit-spiked cooler is the most popular cocktail, second only to a beer-and-shot combo.
- 1 ounce blanco tequila
- 3/4 ounce Aperol
- 1/4 ounce Suze
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce passion fruit juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until cold and smooth.
- Pour into a chilled highball glass.
- Garnish with a dusting of Tajín over the surface of the drink.