When Ticonderoga Club guests request a Paper Plane, bartender Alec Bales serves The Cutter, his take on the recipe that swaps house-made Campari for Aperol and house Amer Picon for Nonino, albeit in slightly modified proportions (he suggests off-the-shelf Campari and Amaro CioCiaro if making the recipe at home).
Alec Bales, Ticonderoga Club | Atlanta
- 1 1/4 ounces whiskey, preferably St. George B&E American
- 3/4 ounce Campari
- 1/2 ounce amaro, preferably Amaro CioCiaro
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/4 ounce cane syrup (2:1)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.