“We added [the Lion’s Tail] to our Vol.1 as it was a historical classic,” recalls McGarry. “We wanted to breathe new life into it.” And he does, revamping every aspect of the classic version except the lime juice and the allspice dram.
- 1 1/2 ounces rye, preferably Bulleit
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce orange juice
- 3/4 ounce crème de cacao
- 3/4 ounce pimento dram
- 3/4 ounce crème de poire
- 3 dashes Dead Rabbit Orinoco bitters
Garnish: grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a punch glass over a fresh ice cube.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.