A measure of bourbon and lemon counteracts this otherwise cloying concoction while crushed matzo and Manischewitz bring this cocktail as close to kosher as you can get this passover.
The Drunken Pharaoh
Jill Dobias, Joe & MissesDoe | New York City
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces Manischewitz wine
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- club soda, to top
- sugared matzo, for rimming glass (see Editor's Note)
- Coat rim of glass with simple syrup, then dip in the matzo mix so that the matzo adheres to the edge.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, Manishewitz and lemon juice with ice and shake.
- Strain into the glass over ice and top with club soda.
For the matzo rim, crush a piece of matzo with the back of a spoon until coarse. Add about 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar to the matzo, and mix.