A measure of bourbon and lemon counteracts this otherwise cloying concoction while crushed matzo and Manischewitz bring this cocktail as close to kosher as you can get this passover.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces Manischewitz wine
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- club soda, to top
- sugared matzo, for rimming glass (see Editor's Note)
- Coat rim of glass with simple syrup, then dip in the matzo mix so that the matzo adheres to the edge.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, Manishewitz and lemon juice with ice and shake.
- Strain into the glass over ice and top with club soda.
For the matzo rim, crush a piece of matzo with the back of a spoon until coarse. Add about 1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar to the matzo, and mix.