Bartender Matthew Ross’s The Greenbelt calls on tequila, which echoes the herbal notes of génépy, and combines it with velvet falernum, lime and housemade verdita, a spicy green juice typically shot with tequila, for an herbal, savory sour that offers both the intox and the detox.
- 1 ounce tequila, preferably Cimarron Blanco
- 1/2 ounce génépy, preferably Dolin Génépy des Alpes
- 1/2 ounce velvet falernum
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce verditas (see Editor's Note)
- pinch salt
Garnish: lime wheel
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a rocks glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
1 quart pineapple juice
4 whole jalapeños, seeds removed and chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro with stems, roughly chopped
1/3 bunch mint with stems, roughly chopped
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Fine strain to remove solids and refrigerate until ready to use.