“The Last Petal speaks to my love of low-ABV cocktails,” says Mony Bunni, who was inspired to make the drink when she first tasted Imbue Petal and Thorn vermouth, which she describes as being the color of rosé, with “notes of chamomile, cinnamon, roses and orange peel.” Here, she combines it with fino sherry, rhum agricole and cava for a drink that’s at once briny, floral and refreshing.
- 1 ounce Imbue Petal and Thorn vermouth
- 1/2 ounce fino sherry, preferably Lustau de Jarana
- 1/2 ounce rhum agricole, preferably Clement Canne Bleue Rhum
- 3/4 ounce lime juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup (1:1, water:sugar)
- 1 dash Bitter Truth Peach Bitters
- cava, to top
Garnish: crushed, dried rose buds
- Combine all ingredients, except the cava, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a coupe.
- Top with cava and garnish with a pinch of crushed, dried rose buds.