The Lincoln is named for the Lincoln Tower, the original name of undulating white skyscraper that is home to Rochester’s lobby watering hole, Bar Bantam. The drink was conceived by Charles Cerankosky as a Manhattan variant in the vein of the Greenpoint or Red Hook cocktails.
- 2 ounces bourbon, preferably Old Forester 86
- 1/2 ounce Cap Corse Mattei Quinquina Rouge
- 1/2 ounce H&H Full Rich Madeira
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers Cardamom Bitters
Garnish: fanned apple slices
- Combine all the ingredients except the apple slices in a rocks glass filled with one large ice cube.
- Stir until chilled, about 30 seconds.
- Arrange apple slices in the shape of a fan and fix in place with a toothpick. Perch on the rim of the glass.