More than just a digestif, Becherovka acts as a bridge ingredient in this drink. The herbal notes complement the spicy characteristic of rye whiskey while the ginger and cinnamon notes of the liqueur are bolstered by bright notes of cherry.
- 1 1/2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Ragtime Rye
- 3/4 ounce Becherovka
- 1/2 ounce cherry liqueur, preferably Combier
- 2 dashes Regans' orange bitters
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into an Old-Fashioned glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.