Though coconut oil-infused gin is the main player in Columbia Room bartender Tom Martinez’s -tini, he also shouts out other variations on the classic — the “50-50,” with the vermouth half here between Cocchi Americano and Dolin Dry; the dirty martini, via olive bitters; and the Gibson, given nod via cocktail onion garnish.
- 1 1/2 ounces coconut-washed Plymouth gin (see Editor’s Note)
- 3/4 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 3/4 ounce Dolin dry vermouth
- 1 dash Bitter Truth olive bitters
Garnish: cocktail onion
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with cocktail onion.
Coconut-Washed Plymouth Gin: In a bag, combine 750ml Plymouth Gin with 2 teaspoons coconut oil and let it stand at room temperature overnight. The next day, place the whiskey in a freezer to chill and solidify the oil. Separate oil from gin by straining through cheesecloth.