This cocktail balances savory aquavit with sweet-tart fruit elements—Amer Picon, lemon and The Violet Hour’s house grenadine—all made effervescent by a healthy measure of pale ale.
- 1 1/2 ounce aquavit, preferably CH Aquavit
- 1 ounce Amer Picon
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce housemade grenadine (see recipe for The Violet Hour's grenadine)
- 2-3 ounces light pale ale, preferably Brooklyn Summer Ale
Garnish: rolled orange peel on a skewer
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients, except beer.
- Shake lightly and pour, ice included, into a hurricane glass.
- Top with beer.
- Garnish with rolled up, skewered orange peel.