Jim Kearns describes this drink as “a great cocktail for food pairing,” since it contains far more vermouth than gin. The recipe is a “perfect” classic—meaning it contains equal measures dry and sweet vermouth, sourced from the The Savoy Cocktail Book.
- 1 ounce dry vermouth, preferably Carpano
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica
- 1 ounce gin, preferably Amass
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with lemon twist.