A comforting, full-bodied nightcap from New York’s Lullaby. For service, Harrison Snow uses a parsley tincture when mixing large batches of this popular drink. For a single serve at home, however, he suggests shaking the drink with a sprig of parsley for a similar effect.
The Whiskey Drink
Harrison Snow | New York City
- 1 1/2 ounces whiskey, preferably Abasolo Mexican corn whiskey
- heavy 1/4 ounce oloroso sherry
- 1 heaping bar spoon mascarpone
- 1/2 ounce agave nectar
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- sprig of fresh parsley
- 6 drops saline solution (1:4, salt to water, or use a generous pinch of salt)
Garnish: parsley olive oil (see Editor’s Note), small parsley sprig
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a small amount of ice and whip shake until chilled.
- Double-strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a few drops of parsley olive oil and a small parsley sprig.
Parsley Olive Oil
Blend 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil with 1 bunch parsley. Pass through a fine-mesh strainer, then decant into a dropper bottle.