“My wife loves Amaretto Sours and smoky Scotch, so I made this for her one night, and now it’s the reason we always have orgeat on hand at home,” says Asheville bartender Chall Gray. He describes this drink as a mash-up between two classics: an Amaretto Sour and the Irish or Scotch whiskey-based Cameron’s Kick. Laphroaig is a particularly smoky Scotch, so a little goes a long way.
- 1 ounce amaretto, preferably Disaronno
- 1/2 ounce blended Scotch, preferably Dewars
- 1/2 ounce peated single-malt Scotch, preferably Laphroaig
- 3/4 ounce orgeat
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1 egg white
Garnish: Angostura bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and dry shake without ice.
- Add ice and shake again.
- Strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with one dash of Angostura bitters on top.