Working from the framework of a Boulevardier, Alicia Perry gives the drink an agave spin. Reposado tequila and mezcal stand in for the typical whiskey base, while Amaro Sfumato Rabarbaro stands in for Campari, which pulls out the bitter orange flavors from the Torino vermouth. Perry describes it simply as “stirred and direct.”
- 1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila, preferably El Tesoro
- 1/2 ounce mezcal, preferably Del Maguey Vida
- 1/2 ounce Amaro Sfumato Rabarbaro
- 1/2 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Cocchi Vermouth di Torino
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.