At Chicago’s Three Dots and a Dash, Julian Cox puts a modern spin on the classic tiki drink, the Missionary’s Downfall, with. “I love the combination of bone-dry rum and sweeter flavors like peach and honey,” he says of the combination of rum, créme de pêche, mint and pineapple. Though the mint is nitro-muddled at the bar for a modernist spin, a classic muddle works just as well when making the drink at home.
- 1 ounce rum, preferably Ron Barrilito 2 star
- 1/2 ounce créme de peche
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 dash honey
- 2 ounces pineapple
- 6-8 mint leaves
Garnish: pineapple crescent and mint leaves
- Muddle the mint in a shaker tin.
- Add the remaining ingredients and shake with ice.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple crescent and mint.