Paul McGee stretches the classic Ti’ Punch into a highball-like format with the addition of coconut water and tonic.
Ti’ Punch Highball
Paul McGee, Lost Lake | Chicago
- 1 1/2 ounces rhum agricole, preferably J.M Rhum Agricole Blanc
- 3/4 teaspoon cane syrup, preferably Petite Canne
- 1 half-dollar-sized lime coin with some flesh on it
- 2 ounces coconut water
- 2 ounces tonic water, preferably Fever-Tree
- In a highball glass, add the lime coin and muddle it to express the oils.
- Add the sugar syrup, rum and 4 ice cubes and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the coconut water and tonic water, then give one quick stir to integrate the ingredients.