The cocktail that TJ Lynch makes more than any other is the TJ Smash—an extra-minty, bittered take on the whiskey smash. “My wife and my business partner both make fun of me for being not very cautious,” says Lynch, “when it comes to things around the bar and at home, I tend to use brute force to ‘fix’ things,”—a trait that has led to repeated use of the phrase “TJ Smash”—as in “Hulk Smash”—suitable name for this over-the-top take on the classic recipe.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon or rye
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2-3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 8-12 dashes Angostura bitters
- Many mint leaves
- In a shaker tin, combine all ingredients and shake vigorously with ice.
- Double strain into a rocks glass over ice and garnish with tons of mint.