The Boulevardier has been on the menu since the opening of The Long Island Bar in 2013. “I tried to take if off the menu after six months and people screamed bloody murder,” says Toby Cecchini. Often credited with exhuming the recipe from obscurity, Cecchini’s version calls on two full ounces of rye, split between Rittenhouse and Old Overholt, and a split vermouth component to keep every element in balance with the Campari.
Toby Cecchini’s Boulevardier
Toby Cecchini, The Long Island Bar | Brooklyn, NY
- 1 ounce Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Rittenhouse Rye 100-Proof
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce Long Island Bar house vermouth blend (see Editor's Note)
Garnish: lemon twist
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
The Long Island Bar House Vermouth Blend:
1 part Carpano Antica Formula
2 parts Cinzano Rosso
Combine the vermouths and re-bottle. Store in the refrigerator.