True, it’s not consumed at the frequency of the Long Island Iced Tea, nor even the frequency of the blue Curaçao variant—the Adios, Motherfucker, which remains popular on the West Coast—but the Tokyo Iced Tea was still present enough in the mid-aughts that California restaurateur Guy Fieri whipped up a batch on a season two episode of Guy’s Big Bite in 2007, pairing it with spicy tangerine beef for a “Far East” dinner. “That’ll be a party favorite!” Fieri exclaims, as he pops several novelty straws into a fish-shaped punch bowl.
- 1/2 ounce unaged or lightly aged rum
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2 ounce Midori
- 1 ounce lime juice
- lemon-lime soda, to top
Garnish: lemon wheel, cherry
- Combine first seven ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a highball glass over ice.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel and a cherry.