In a recent blind tasting for Rob Roys, the winning drink came from Tom Macy. A clear favorite, as well as a true exemplar of the modern Rob Roy style, it was composed of two ounces of Highland Park 12-year, one ounce of Carpano Antica vermouth, two dashes of Angostura bitters and a cherry garnish. The drink found wide favor upon first sip. It was on the light side, but had good body and a touch of smoke. “I would pick that out blindfolded as a Rob Roy,” declared Joaquin Simó.
- 2 ounces Scotch, preferably Highland Park 12
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth, preferably Carpano Antica
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: Luxardo cherry
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass over ice and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.