Alicia Perry qualifies her Tre Sorelle as a “delicate yet revitalizing variation on the Pisco Sour.” To complement the grappa at the heart of L’Aperitivo Nonino, Perry combined it with a moscatel pisco, whose notes of pear, orange blossom and cardamom pair with Nonino’s own floral flavor profile. Its name, “Tre Sorelle,” means “three sisters” in Italian and is a nod to Nonino’s current team of distillers: sisters Cristina, Antonella and Elisabetta. “I wanted to create a cocktail that highlighted the soft citrus and floral notes of the product,” says Perry, “whilst also paying homage to the story behind it.”
Alicia Perry | Polite Provisions, San Diego
- 1 ounce L’Aperitivo Nonino Botanical Drink
- 1 ounce pisco (preferably Capurro Pisco Moscatel)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 4 grapes
Garnish: lavender sprig
- Add all ingredients except grapes to a shaker tin and dry shake.
- Add grapes and ice, then shake firmly to ensure proper dilution and muddling of grapes.
- Fine-strain into a coupe and garnish with a sprig of lavender.