In this sherry-spiked Piña Colada variation, “the menthol qualities of Branca pair perfectly with the sweet notes of the strawberry” for a subtle flavor boost, says Peter Arnone.
- 1 strawberry
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce coconut cream
- 3/4 ounce gin, preferably Fords
- 3/4 ounce overproof rum, preferably Wray & Nephew
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/4 ounce Fernet-Branca
- 1/4 ounce Pedro Ximénez sherry, preferably Lustau
- 1/4 ounce fino sherry, preferably Lustau
Garnish: mint bouquet, strawberry
- Muddle the strawberry in a shaker tin, then add remaining ingredients to the shaker. Hard shake with 3 Kold-Draft cubes.
- Double-strain into a tiki mug.
- Garnish with mint and a skewered strawberry.