Bartender Fanny Chu’s low-proof mashup of a Jungle Bird and a Garibaldi calls on the bittersweet and tropical in equal measure. “I wanted a low-ABV Jungle Bird variation with fresh fruit juices,” she says. “Reminds me of when I was in Hawaii.”
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce Aperol
- 1/2 ounce Jamaican rum, preferably Doctor Bird
- 1/2 ounce Giffard Banane du Brésil
Garnish: half wheel of orange with torched sugar
- Combine the grapefruit, orange and pineapple juices in a cocktail shaker or high-speed blender.
- Add 3 to 4 cubes of ice and shake or blend until you no longer hear the ice.
- Pour into any glass you have on hand and garnish.