As the name suggests, this G&T riff nods to the influence of two islands: Scotland’s Islay, where The Botanist Islay Dry Gin is made, and Julia Momosé’s beloved Japan, represented by yuzu sake. A pinch of salt suggests sea air and helps amplify citrusy notes found in both the gin and sake.
- 1 1/2 ounces The Botanist Islay Dry Gin
- 1/2 ounce Tsukasabotan Yamayuzu Shibori (yuzu-shu, or yuzu sake)
- Top Note Indian Tonic, to top
- Pinch of Maldon sea salt
Garnish: mint sprig
- Fill a highball glass with ice, and stir to chill. Strain off the melted water.
- Pour gin and yuzu-shu over the ice.
- Stir to chill, then top with the tonic water.
- Finish with a pinch of salt.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.