A loose riff on a Collins, this bianco vermouth- and Chareau-based drink is Liz Pearce’s favorite session cocktail. “You can drink, like, 50 and not get hammered,” she says. Refreshing, slightly minty and subtly sweet, it’s great for daytime or long-haul nights. Pearce likes to top hers with Topo Chico, the cult Mexican seltzer, and a lemon wheel and mint sprig.
- 1 1/2 ounces bianco vermouth, preferably Martini & Rossi
- 1/4 ounce Chareau aloe liqueur
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- soda water, preferably Topo Chico (to top)
Garnish: lemon wheel, mint
- Combine all ingredients except for soda water in a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with lemon wheel and mint sprig.