Noticing Mikkeller Subway Mosaic’s blueberry notes, The Rockwell Place bartender Alex Kveton incorporated the IPA into a cocktail syrup paired with blackberry liqueur in this shaken mezcal cocktail.
- 1 1/2 ounces mezcal, preferably Vida
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce IPA syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- 1/4 ounce blackberry liqueur, preferably Giffard Crème de Mûre
Garnish: blackberry on a pick
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until chilled, then strain into a Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a blackberry on a pick.
Combine 2 cups IPA (preferably Mikkeller Subway Mosaic) and 2 cups white sugar in a saucepan over low heat, and whisk until sugar is completely dissolved, about 3 to 5 minutes. Pour into a container and let sit until the foam settles. Skim foam off the top and store in the refrigerator.