Simone Goldberg’s winter Daiquiri layers bourbon with bitter Aperol, fresh lemon juice, spicy Ancho Reyes and aromatic sage. “Kind of a Boulevardier meets an herbal Mai Tai,” she says—or just Christmas on the beach.
- 1 1/2 ounces bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce Ancho Reyes
- 1/2 ounce Aperol
- 1/4 ounce demerara syrup (1:1, sugar:water)
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 pineapple chunks, muddled
- 1 sage leaf, muddled
Garnish: sage leaf
- Add the pineapple chunks and sage leaf to a mixing tin and muddle.
- Add remaining ingredients to the tin and shake.
- Fine strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a sage leaf.