A play on the New York Sour, the Violet Hour uses a half-ounce of locally made haskap liqueur (made from a berry native to Hokkaido, Japan) and is finished with a float of Willamette Valley piquette syrah. “Oregon is truly a special place, and our program deeply celebrates our region,” says Lydia McLuen.
- 1 1/2 ounce bourbon, preferably Buffalo Trace
- 1/2 ounce Stone Barn Brandyworks haskap liqueur, or cassis
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 ounce Dionystic Chios Piquette of Syrah 2020 (a light red may be substituted)
- Dry-shake all ingredients except wine. Add ice to tins, then shake.
- Fine-strain into a large egg coupe, and float wine over the top.
- Garnish by using bitters to make a design in the foam.